As Promise Neighborhood residents lead the change they want to see in Cleveland Central, the Promise Neighborhood has updated the Ambassador program and started a new program for Resident Leaders.
Resident Leaders are community advocates and supporters of Cleveland Central Promise Neighborhood who engage in various ways to strengthen the neighborhood. (No training is required to be a Resident Leader, but these leaders are welcome to participate in available training.)
Promise Ambassador Specialists also are advocates and supporters of the Cleveland Central neighborhood. They also have participated in Promise-provided training and committed to working directly with the Promise Neighborhood organization at Sisters of Charity Foundation and its partners to improve the quality of life for residents in the Central community.
In the updated program, Promise Ambassadors are involved in a specific area or areas of interest connected to the Promise mission (early learning, K-8, high school, college and career or resident leadership) and be provided ongoing professional development in that category.
Resident Leaders and Ambassador Specialists are expected to contribute to their area of focus by:
- Promoting community resources and services
- Volunteering a minimum number of hours to related activities
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with key stakeholders
- Distributing, connecting, and contributing to related Promise Neighborhood work
- Assuming a leadership role with an organization, board or committee involved in their area of focus
Want to become a Resident Leader or Ambassador? Contact Promise Neighborhood Engagement Manager Joe Black at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.346.5639.