Communications Specialist – Cleveland Central Promise Neighborhood
We seek a communications specialist to be responsible for ensuring the Cleveland Central Promise Neighborhood is telling its ongoing story in a strategic way that addresses the needs of its diverse audiences in a timely manner through the most effective communication channels. This individual is the day-to-day point person for all Promise-related communication. This position will be responsible for creating effective content for diverse audiences, from local residents to national funding organizations and leveraging content platforms (social media, newsletters, on-site events, meetings, etc.) to share Promise communication, and build and grow targeted audiences.
Qualified applicants should have degree or significant experience in communication, public relations, journalism, content marketing or related field and have a minimum 3-5 years’ experience in developing and creating effective content for media, nonprofit, business, education or government environment.
Additional qualifications include:
- Strong understanding of how to identify news and other opportunities to communicate to diverse targeted audiences
- Expertise in using content management systems and social media platforms
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Passion for vision-based work to help children, families and neighborhood.
- Ability to adapt communication for diverse audiences
- Familiarity with nonprofit setting and working with supporting partner organizations
How to apply:
Craft a great cover letter and include the top three reasons why we should hire you to help the Cleveland Central Promise Neighborhood use communications to advance its work. Please include your resume. Submit materials to Heather Stoll, vice president of external affairs, Sisters of Charity Health System, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We seek the best candidate. We will consider those seeking full-time employee status as well as part-time contractors.