Recently, a group of Central artists, residents and Promise Neighborhood staff began renovating the art room at the Lonnie Burten Recreation Center. The group hopes to re-open the art room to the community in January, but is in need of some items and assistance.
The following items are needed for the opening of the art room:
- Stools (about 15) for the students to sit on
- 3 folding tables
- 2 Cabinets with locks to store art supplies
- Someone to check the Kiln to get it in working order for pottery class
- Repair work done on the walls in the hallway
- Large plastic tubs/bins for storage and small ones for organization of markers and pencils, etc.
- Paint: acrylic & for airbrushing
- Art paint brushes
- Trash Can
- Rags for painting and clean-up
- Paper towels
If you have items to donate or can be of assistance for some of the repair work, please contact Gwendolyn Garth at 216.339.0571 or email@example.com.
The opening of the art room at Lonnie Burten Recreation Center is part of a larger community initiative to create a safer, more peaceful neighborhood.